Where can I get the 2-factor authentication code?
In addition to the passphrase, you also need a time based security code for Crypho’s two-factor authentication. The two-factor authentication ensures that even if someone gets hold of your passphrase, they still cannot access your account.
In addition to something you know (your passphrase), you also need something you have (usually your phone or your computer).
There are several ways of generating the security code:
- The security code can be generated on your phone from the Crypho mobile app.
- The security code can be generated on your phone from one of many available authenticator apps supporting TOTP, for example Google Authenticator.
- The security code can be sent to your phone as a notification, as long as you have the Crypho app installed and linked. To do this, click the Send to app button on the login form.
- You can receive the security code via SMS/text message. Click the send SMS button. An SMS with a six digit security code should arrive in a few seconds.
- The security code is also displayed on the Settings page inside the mobile app.
- If you have previously created a recovery key, you can use it to gain access to your account.
Once you have linked your account to your phone, there is no need to enter the code.
The security code is valid for 60 seconds. If you wait too long, you will have to request a new code.
If you have none of the options above available, you will effectively be locked out of your account. The only option left is to delete your account and re-register.